The Liz Kerwin Scholarship Fund
Since its beginning nearly 40 years ago, Loyola has maintained a special fund to help our spiritual directees and other program participants who need financial assistance for our services. The scholarship fund is named after our retired staff member and former Director, Liz Kerwin.
Thanks to generous donors over the years, this fund still helps a variety of people who come to us or whom we serve through our outreach and who need financial help:
- People who want to maintain spiritual direction as a regular part of their lives but cannot afford to pay the full fee
- People who want to participate in our retreats, workshops and other programs
- People in church ministry or other non-profit ministry
- The unemployed
- Anyone who comes to us and needs financial assistance to participate in our programs or services
How does it work?
There is no application. Each person discerns with us what they can pay and we supply the remainder through the scholarship fund. For retreats we can only offer scholarship fees for the program portion (which can include spiritual direction). The cost of room and board at the retreat are fixed.
We encourage those with means to consider paying extra as a donation to help keep our scholarship fund available for those who need it.
What services are supported by the scholarship fund?
People can ask for financial assistance for all of our services, including
- Spiritual Direction
- Retreats & Programs
- Special programs
Loyola welcomes all regardless of economic means. During these times of crisis in our world, Loyola’s vision of “transforming the world one person at a time” is desperately needed. Here are just a few ways your donation can help our ministry to be fiscally responsible:
- Offering spiritual direction at an affordable cost
- Funding scholarships for those in need
- Providing retreat experiences that could otherwise be financially prohibitive
- Supporting new workshops and group programs
- Enhancing our online presence
- And helping to sustain us for another 40+ years!