Spiritual Imagination and the Nativity
with Carolyn Kolovitz
What if every time …
…you saw a Nativity scene, you visualized the mysterious, loving Holy Spirit that is constantly birthing itself into the world?
…you heard a Christmas song, lyrics such as “Oh Come Let Us Adore Him” reminded you to honor the Spirit that is alive within yourself and within everyone you meet?visualized the mysterious, loving Holy Spirit that is constantly birthing itself into the world?
…you encountered any version of the Christmas story, you remembered to make room in your awareness for the Spirit—because otherwise “there is no room in the inn for such a mystery?”
Based on Richard Rohr’s Advent teachings as well as the Ignatian practice of using our spiritual imaginations, this weekly retreat will use storytelling, music and guided visualization to bring participants deep into the heart of the meaningful metaphors of the Christmas story.
- Dec 4: The Annunciation: Saying Yes
- Dec 11: The Epiphany: Our Journey
- Dec 18: The Nativity: Wonder & Awe
Last year’s participants of this Advent retreat said:
- I gained “connection with God, a reminder about what is life-giving & joy-bringing for me and understanding that we are all in various places on our journey as we experience a season like Advent.”
- I appreciated “the balance of presentation, reflection and sharing as well as the variety of poetry, visuals, & quiet and Carolyn’s laid back, light-hearted style.”
Dates: Wednesdays, December 4, 11, 18 – 2019
Time: 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Place: Loyola Spirituality Center
389 N Oxford Street
Saint Paul, MN 55104
Click button to register and pay or call 651-641-0008